
Tsoiotsi Tsogalii Lodge was formed in the fall of 1994 from the merger of Keyauwee Lodge 70 and Tsalagi Lodge 163. The lodge name in Cherokee means “We Three Friends”, referring to the three original lodges that existed in the area for over 50 years – Tali Taktaki Lodge 70 (chartered 1933), Tsalagi Lodge 163 (1939), and Uwharrie Lodge 208 (1941). The lodge totem is the Red-tailed Hawk.
The lodge is chartered to Old North State Council which covers eight central North Carolina counties. The Council operates two summer camp programs, one for Boy Scouts at Cherokee Scout Reservation near Yanceyville and one for Cub Scouts at Woodfield Scout Preservation located west of Asheboro. There are two additional camp properties – Hagan Sea Base on High Rock Lake and Hemric Scout Reservation on Kerr Lake.
Tsoiotsi Tsogalii Lodge has set an ambitious goal of taking 100 delegates to the 2015 National Order of the Arrow Conference. As of August 21, 2014 with NOAC still a year away the lodge already has 55 Arrowmen signed up. To help promote this event the lodge is issuing an “early bird” patch to the …Read More
At the Tsoiotsi Tsogalii Lodge 70 Fall Fellowship this past weekend members received their First Year Arrowman patch. For this first year all members were eligible to earn the patch if they fulfilled the requirements of being active and attending several chapter meetings. In the future only new Brothers will have the opportunity to earn …Read More
On October 3, 2014 during an Ordeal at Cherokee Scout Reservation Tsoiotsi Tsogalii Lodge unveiled a set of five, two-piece sets as a fundraiser for its delegation to the 2015 National OA Conference. These patches commemorate the history of the lodge which is currently celebrating its 20th Anniversary. S52 & X25 – The Order of …Read More
On the weekend of November 8 – 10, 2013 Tsoiotsi Tsogalii Lodge 70 held a great fellowship. The weekend included four major activities: Stew Fundraiser, an Ordeal, Webelosree, and Museum Dedication. For over thirty years the current lodge and its predecessor (Tsalagi Lodge 163) has made its version of Brunswick Stew. On Friday over 1,400 …Read More
2015 Fall Fellowship / Council Camporee On the weekend of November 13 – 15 Tsoiotsi Tsogalii Lodge celebrated the Order of the Arrow’s 100th anniversary. The lodge decided to expand its traditional Fall Fellowship into a Council Camporee. Over 1,400 Scouts and Scouters gathered at Cherokee Scout Reservation for a weekend of fun and competition. …Read More
In the mid-1980s Uwharrie Lodge 208 started a Life Member program. While other lodges had these programs, Larry Warlick credits the NC Wildlife Commission’s offering of a lifetime hunting license as giving him the idea to suggest it for his lodge. Following approval of the Lodge Executive Committee, Brothers could pay a flat fee and …Read More
For over 30 years the Order of the Arrow lodge in Greensboro, NC has sponsored a historic trail. On March 15, 1781 American troops and militia under the leadership of General Nathanael Greene fought British forces led by General Cornwallis in the Battle of Guilford Courthouse. Two hundred years later on February 6, 1981 Tali …Read More
Tsoiotsi Tsogalii Lodge was formed through merger in the fall of 1994, but the lodge’s first flap (S1) was not issued until April 1995. The flap was first available to members attending the SR-7 Section Conclave at Tuscarora Scout Reservation. It features the lodge totem, the Red-tailed Hawk. The lodge name in Cherokee means “We …Read More